Visit our gastro doctor Waller County, TX today! At Katy Stomach Doctor, we know that stomach problems and illnesses can be difficult and even embarrassing at times. That is why we work hard to give you the best care possible so you can feel better quickly. Our gastro doctor Waller County, TX, offers a wide range of services, such as colonoscopies, hemorrhoid banding, and treatments for diseases like hepatitis C, GERD, and helicobacter pylori.
Why Going To See A Gastro Doctor Waller County, TX
You should only work with a skilled and experienced gastro doctor when it comes to your health. At Katy Stomach Doctor, our team of experienced experts provides personalized care and conducts clinical research. Our gastroenterologist, Dr. James Maher, is committed to treating you quickly and well. Here are a few reasons why it is good to work with a gastro doctor:
- One-on-one care: At Katy Stomach Doctor, we believe in giving each patient care that is unique to them. We know that everyone’s needs and worries are different, so our gastro doctor in Waller County, TX takes the time to listen to your worries and come up with a treatment plan that is right for you.
- Tests for diagnosis and treatment: A gastro doctor can do tests, such as colonoscopies and hemorrhoid banding, to find out what is wrong with your stomach and how to treat it. Our gastroenterologist in Waller County, TX also knows how to diagnose and treat diseases like hepatitis C, GERD, and helicobacter pylori.
- Care and support for the whole person: When you work with a gastro doctor at Katy Stomach Doctor, you can expect full care from a team that wants to help you feel better. We take the time to look at your problems and come up with a plan that is made just for you.
- Follow-up that is thorough: Once your gastroenterologist has treated you, our team will make sure that your health keeps getting better and that any problems are taken care of quickly.
The Benefit of Getting Treatment Early
The sooner you get help for an illness or condition that affects your stomach, the better your chances of getting better. Early detection and treatment can help keep the condition from getting worse and even keep you from getting other problems. That is why you need to see an experienced gastro doctor in Waller County, TX if you think you have a problem with your stomach.
Get Help For GERD
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, or GERD, is a condition in which the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes in a way that is not normal. This can cause food and acid from the stomach to back up into the esophagus, causing heartburn and other uncomfortable symptoms. It is thought that up to 20% of the population has GERD to some degree.
GERD can cause chest pain, trouble eating, a sour taste in the mouth, hoarseness, bad breath, and the feeling that food is stuck in your throat.
GERD is more likely to happen if you are overweight, have a hiatal hernia, are pregnant, smoke, or take certain medicines. Some foods and drinks, as well as big meals, can also cause or make GERD symptoms worse.
GERD is generally treated by making changes to your lifestyle, like avoiding certain foods and drinks, giving up smoking, eating smaller meals, and not lying down after eating. Your doctor may also give you proton pump inhibitors, H2 blockers, antacids, and drugs that increase fertility to stop your stomach from making acid. In cases that are worse, surgery may be suggested.
At Katy Stomach Doctor, our gastro doctor in Waller County, TX has the information and experience to diagnose and treat GERD and other stomach illnesses. We take the time to look at your problems and come up with a plan that is made just for you.
If you have been having GERD symptoms, do not wait to get help. Make an appointment with our gastro doctor today to start feeling better. Visit our Katy location to find out more about what we do and to schedule an interview.
Helicobacter pylori, or H. pylori, is an illness in the stomach caused by bacteria. It is thought to affect up to half of the world’s people and is one of the main causes of stomach ulcers.
The most common sign of H. pylori is a pain in the upper left part of the stomach, which is usually in the stomach. Other signs are feeling sick, throwing up, getting bloated, burping, losing your hunger, and losing weight.
H. pylori can spread if you live in a busy or dirty place, do not take care of your hygiene, eat or drink contaminated food or water, or are close to someone who has the infection. You are also more likely to get H. pylori if you smoke or drink alcohol.
H. pylori is generally treated with a combination of antibiotics like amoxicillin, clarithromycin, and metronidazole, as well as antacids and proton pump inhibitors to reduce stomach acid. Your doctor may also tell you to change your lifestyle habits, such as stopping smoking and stop drinking.
Our gastro doctor in Waller County, TX at Katy Stomach Doctor knows how to find and treat H. pylori. We know that each patient has different needs, so we try to give you personalized care and support to make sure you get the best care possible. If you have signs of H. pylori, you should get help right away. Make an appointment with our gastroenterologist in Waller County, Texas, today to start feeling better.
You Can Trust Katy Stomach Doctor For All Your Digestive Needs
At Katy Stomach Doctor, everyone works hard to make sure you feel your best. We give you individual care and a full range of services to make sure you get the best care possible. Our gastro doctor in Waller County, TX has the experience and knowledge to identify and treat a wide range of stomach illnesses and conditions. You can count on us to give you the care and help you need to feel better quickly, no matter what you need.
Do not wait to get help if you have been having stomach pain or other signs that a stomach-related sickness or condition could cause. We accept many kinds of health insurance, so be sure to call us and make an appointment with our gastro doctor Waller County, TX, today to start feeling better.
Fun Facts About Waller County, TX:
- Waller County, TX is 47 miles west of Houston and was formed in 1851.
- The George Bush Presidential Library is in Waller County. It was opened in November 1997.
- There are 45 parks and natural places in Waller County. Many of them are along the Brazos River.