Katy Stomach Doctor is a Katy TX highest rated gastroenterologist near me. Our office members are board-certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Furthermore, our mission is to provide the highest quality and the most effective healthcare to the community. Additionally, our office offers comprehensive consultations and evaluations for any gastrology patient with diseases and problems.
Dr. Maher will discuss all of your treatment options with you!
Dr. James Maher is an extremely educated gastrologist in the Katy TX area. He has been providing the best service for years and believes in inclusivity and education of his patients.
Call our office today at 281-945-5190 to schedule an appointment. Our friendly over-the-phone staff members would be glad to help you meet with Dr.Maher.
About our Team
Dr.Maher is the lead of our clinic. Dr. James Maher is our board-certified gastroenterologist in Katy, TX. He attended the University of Michigan then followed his education up at the Medical College of Virginia, graduating in the accelerated program.
Next, he completed an Internal Medicine residency, followed by a one-year fellowship in Hepatology, and finally, a two-year fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of California-Irvine.
As a believer in continuous medical education, Maher is sure to include his patients in all of the active treatment plans. Furthermore, Maher believes that patient education is important, as well. Through active treatment and discussion, all of his patients receive the quality care they deserve.
Finally, we have our essential staff members who work by Dr. Maher’s side. He has a team of nurses and administrative assistants who all provide you with quality care. Like Maher, they employ you to ask questions regarding your appointment and treatment plans.
Call our office today at 281-945-5190 to schedule an appointment and speak with our administrative assistants.
What is a gastroenterologist?
Not everyone will need a gastroenterologist, at least not in your earlier years unless you have gastric system issues. Gastroenterology studies the function and diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts, and the liver.
Furthermore, gastroenterology involves an in-depth understanding of the gastrointestinal organs (the organs listed above). These standard functions include the movement of material typically through the stomach and intestine and the digestion and absorption of nutrients into the body. Additionally, gastroenterology includes necessary conditions like polyps, cancer, hepatitis, heartburn, and so much more!
Gastroenterologists complete lengthy, in-depth training with various medical colleges, residencies, and doctors. The training is rigorous, so that is why you can trust that Dr.Maher is the best physician for you.
Signs you need to see a gastroenterologist
A gastroenterologist is not like your typical primary care physician; they are specific specialized doctors that treat a particular subset of symptoms you may have. Most people will eventually see a gastroenterologist at the age of 40 to check for colon cancer, but if you do not have any GI symptoms, there is no need to visit Dr.Maher.
Here are some signs you may need to see Dr.Maher:
- You feel a lump in your throat– A sore throat may be a common issue during cold and flu season, but if you feel a lump in your throat without associated cold and flu symptoms, it may be time to visit us Katy Stomach Doctor. Ensure your keep careful and accurate notes of your signs and symptoms.
- Blood in your stool– Many people don’t know what to do when they find blood in their stool. It isn’t a cause for concern most of the time, but if your blood appears more black, then it is time to consult a gastroenterologist. Usually, Black stool is a sign of a deeper problem in your digestive system. If these symptoms are recurring and you are 40 years or older, then you need to be evaluated.
- Hemorrhoids– Hemorrhoids are not normally a life-threatening issue, but that doesn’t mean you need to live uncomfortably with them. External hemorrhoids are an easy feat, but internal hemorrhoids can be challenging. That is why it is important to see our Katy TX gastroenterologist, Dr.Maher.
- Sudden and unexplained weight loss– Many people see weight loss as a good thing, but when it is sudden and unextreme, it is a cause for medical concern. There are numerous conditions that could cause concern, but conditions like Chrons disease or celiac disease are the bigger issues at hand. Visiting a GI doctor can help you eliminate serious conditions like pancreatic, stomach, or colon cancer.
- Excessive Gas– Gas is a normal issue that occurs without side effects, but it is a serious health concern if side effects do occur. Unexplained weight loss, abdominal discomfort, and change in bowel movement are all symptoms that need to be checked out by a GI specialist.
- Heartburn– GERD can lead to heartburn, which can make it hard to enjoy your favorite foods. If your heartburn is lasting more than a few weeks and is painful for you, make an appointment with us today. You do not need to suffer from your symptoms any longer.
Is gastrology treatment expensive?
We understand the rise in the cost of medical treatment. Here at Katy Stomach Doctor, we never want you to worry about the cost of affording treatment. Therefore, our office is proud to accept almost all major insurance plans, including Aetna, Medicare, Blue Cross, Humana, Cigna, United HealthCare PPO, and so many more.
You can visit our website to view the full list of insurance we accept. In addition to insurance, we offer cash, check, and most major credit cards as forms of payment at our office. If you have any additional questions about our billing policies or balances on your account, please give us a call.
We understand the frustration that comes with paying for medical expenses, so we try to make the process as easy as possible for you.
Here to help!
Please don’t wait until it is too late. Our medical team wants to help you to the best of their ability. Give our office a call at (281) 945-5190.
Call Katy Stomach Doctor today. Dr. Maher is the best Katy TX highest rated gastroenterologist near me.
Fun Facts about Katy TX:
- Numerous UFO sightings are reported each month in Katy
- Katy was once known as Cane Island after the Cane Island Creek which runs west of the city’s center.
- Houston is a 30-minute drive from Katy
- Katy was originally known for its rice farming that has dwindled through the years.
- For more information about Katy TX, please visit our website.