Dr.Maher at Katy Stomach Doctor is the best Katy TX gastroenterologist surgeon. Surgery can be a scary thing, and at Katy Stomach Doctor we understand that.
Dr.Maher is the leading gastroenterologist at Katy Stomach Doctor. He is certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine. Our mission here at Katy Stomach is to provide the highest quality and most effective treatment options for all of our patients. We offer free consultations and evaluations for all related diseases and problems.
If you need surgery, we are the person to do it. Call us today at 281-945-5190. Our team of specialists is ready to help you.
Katy TX gastroenterologist surgeon
Dr.Maher is a board certified gastroenterologist in the Katy TX area. He attended the University of Michigan, then upon graduation went on to attend the Medical College of Virginia, graduating in the accelerated program.
Next, he completed an internal medicine residency, then a Hepatology fellowship, and finally a two-year fellowship in gastroenterology. He continuously completes medical education and board recertification to comply with local and regulatory demands.
Dr.Maher has interests in colon cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, biliary tract disease, and endoscopy. His constant continuation of education ensures that he stays up to date with the latest and greatest techniques and education in his line of work. Further allowing him to provide only the best services for his patients.
Furthermore, Dr.Maher believes that patient education is one of the most important jobs he has. Through constant discussion and education, Maher is able to truly involve you, the patient, in the work he does. All of his patients receive the highest quality of care, you deserve that too.
Call us today to make an appointment.
Digestive and Gastrointestinal Conditions
Numerous conditions fall under this umbrella that may require you to need surgery. Colonoscopy, GERD, ulcerative colitis, Hep C, pylori, and EGD are all conditions that might require you to have gastrointestinal surgery.
Gastroenterology surgery is a treatment for disease of parts of the body involved with digestion. These digestive organs include the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, and rectum. Surgery may be used to remove a cancerous or noncancerous growth in the intestine or esophagus. Furthermore, it may be used to treat hernias or screen and diagnose problems of the digestive system.
The following are conditions we may treat with surgery:
- Appendicitis– This is a condition in which the appendix becomes infected and inflamed.
- Colon Cancer/ Other GI Cancers– Surgery is a process used to remove cancerous tumors in the digestive system, or parts of the digestive system that have cancer. The surgeon, Dr.Maher, might remove part of the tumor as well as parts of organs that might be compromised.
- Gallbladder Disease-Gallstones is the most common problem that occurs within the gallbladder, but it can be removed.
- Hernia– A hernia occurs when a hole comes through a weak spot in the wall of a muscle or connective tissue. Hernias are most often painful and GI surgeons, such as Dr.Maher, can repair the hole or weak spot.
- Inflammatory bowel disease– With this disease, the immune system will attack the intestine causing pain and inflammation. This leads to damage within the intestine.
Do I need surgery?
Surgery is normally done under extreme circumstances. It is not always medically necessary, but Dr.Maher will give you all the details if it is necessary. If you experience frequent pain or discomfort, then it is best to visit Dr.Maher. Don’t wait until surgery is necessary.
When you visit Dr.Maher, please explain to him all of your experiences and symptoms. This will allow him to learn the depth of your experiences and further explain the next necessary steps.
Here are six signs you need to visit a gastroenterologist:
- You feel a lump in your throat– A sore throat may be a common issue during cold and flu season, but if you feel a lump in your throat without associated cold and flu symptoms, it may be time to visit us Katy Stomach Doctor. Ensure your keep careful and accurate notes of your signs and symptoms.
- Blood in your stool– Many people don’t know what to do when they find blood in their stool. It isn’t a cause for concern most of the time, but if your blood appears more black, then it is time to consult a gastroenterologist. Usually, Black stool is a sign of a deeper problem in your digestive system. If these symptoms are recurring and you are 40 years or older, then you need to be evaluated.
- Hemorrhoids– Hemorrhoids are not normally a life-threatening issue, but that doesn’t mean you need to live uncomfortably with them. External hemorrhoids are an easy feat, but internal hemorrhoids can be challenging. That is why it is important to see our Katy TX gastroenterologist, Dr.Maher.
- Sudden and unexplained weight loss– Many people see weight loss as a good thing, but when it is sudden and unextreme, it is a cause for medical concern. There are numerous conditions that could cause concern, but conditions like Chrons disease or celiac disease are the bigger issues at hand. Visiting a GI doctor can help you eliminate serious conditions like pancreatic, stomach, or colon cancer.
- Excessive Gas– Gas is a normal issue that occurs without side effects, but it is a serious health concern if side effects do occur. Unexplained weight loss, abdominal discomfort, and change in bowel movement are all symptoms that need to be checked out by a GI specialist.
- Heartburn– GERD can lead to heartburn, which can make it hard to enjoy your favorite foods. If your heartburn is lasting more than a few weeks and is painful for you, make an appointment with us today. You do not need to suffer from your symptoms any longer.
Here to help!
Please don’t wait until it is too late. Our medical team wants to help you to the best of their ability. Give our office a call at (281) 945-5190.
Call Katy Stomach Doctor today. Dr. Maher is the best Katy TX gastroenterologist surgeon.
Fun Facts about Katy TX:
- Numerous UFO sightings are reported each month in Katy
- Katy was once known as Cane Island after the Cane Island Creek which runs west of the city’s center.
- Houston is a 30-minute drive from Katy
- Katy was originally known for its rice farming that has dwindled through the years.
- For more information about Katy TX, please visit our website.