Dr.Maher runs a state of the art Katy TX digestive disease center.
Doctor Maher and staff are ready to help meet your needs while giving you the experience you deserve. The mission is to provide high quality and effective healthcare to each patient that we see.
Katy Stomach Doctor offers comprehensive solutions and evaluations for all of the patients we see. Your issues will be comprehensively and decisively solved by the best team of experts in the Katy, TX area.
Moreover, digestive diseases are not to be left alone, if they are, you will be forced to experience a lifetime of pain. Allow Doctor Maher and his team of experts to help you alleviate your symptoms so you can live a normal life.
About Doctor Maher
Doctor Maher is extremely educated. He is board-certified in Gastroenterology. Maher completed his undergraduate years at the University of Michigan, he then attended medical school at the Medical College of Virginia, graduating in the accelerated program.
Next, he continued his education completing an Internal Medicine residency, then followed it up with a one-year fellowship in Hepatology. Finally, he completed a two-year fellowship in Gastroenterolgy at the University of California-Irvine.
Second, Doctor Maher is a also board-certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, making him one of the most certified and educated gastroenterologists in the Katy TX area. Doctor Maher continuously participated in continuing medication and board recertification. This allows him to stay up to date with all major changes in the medical field and provide expert care to all of his patients.
Doctor Maher is interested in colon cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, biliary tract disease, and endoscopy. Because he believes that patient education is one of his most important jobs, he includes all of his patients in the discussion of treatment options. This ensures that everyone is on the same page and receive the highest quality of care they possibly can.
Common Digestive Diseases
The digestive system is made up of the gastrointestinal tract (GI), liver, pancreas, and gallbladder. The digestive process is important for breaking food into nutrients that your body will be able to use for energy, growth, and repair.
Some digestive diseases are acute, meaning they only last for a short period of time. Other diseases are chronic, or long-lasting.
- Lactose Intolerance: Lactose intolerance is a fairly common digestive disorder. Lactose intolerance includes symptoms such as bloating, diarrhea, and gas that follow after you consume foods that contain lactose. While lactose intolerance isn’t normally seen as a condition that can affect your health, it is. It can affect your health if you are prevented from getting enough nutrients due to lack of calcium and vitamin D, found in most foods with lactose.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a group of symptoms that will occur together. This includes repeated pain in your abdomen, changes in your bowel movements, including diarrhea or constipation. When you have IBS these symptoms are present without visible signs of damage or disease in the GI tract.
- Celiac Disease: Celiac disease is a digestive disorder that does extreme damage to the small intestine. Individuals with celiac disease, you cannot eat gluten, proteins, wheat, barley, and rye. Celiac disease can cause long-term digestive problems that will keep you from getting the nutrients you need.
- Acid-Reflux: Gastroesophageal reflux or (GER) happens when stomach contents come back up through your esophagus. Gastroesophageal reflux disease or (GERD) is on the more severe end of this condition. It is long-lasting and the repeat of symptoms can cause serious complications over time.
- Chron’s Disease: Last, Chrons disease is a chronic or long lasting disease that causes inflammation and irritation in your digestive tract. Common symptoms are diarrhea, cramping, and pain in your abdomen.
Treatment for Digestive Diseases
No matter the siease or disorder, a lot of the symptoms are the same. While specific treatment may vary from disease to disease, managing the symptoms can be easier. Moreover, specific treatments will vary depending on the diagnosis, but for general stomach troubles, here are some things you can do:
- Rest and drink plenty of fluids
- Follow the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast–these are all foods that are easy on the stomach and provide multiple benefits. It is best to avoid foods like diary, grease, and spices, they can irritate your digestive system further.
- Take over the counter medication (laxatives or anti-diarrheal)
Early Signs of Gastrointestinal Diseases
All in all, some people will experience small, minor digestive issues, while others will experience more severe symptoms. It will vary from person to person, with no subset of symptoms being the same. If you feel like you have more severe or minor symptoms it is best to visit Doctor Maher immediately. Finally, there are some signs and symptoms you should look out for so that you are suffering in severe pain.
- Abdominal Pain
- Difficulty Swallowing
Moreover, these symptoms can range from mild to severe and can be caused by numerous factors with no one being the same all of the time. When your pain translates from mild to severe, then it is time to contact Doctor Maher. As a result, he will be able to provide top you the best course of treatment so that you can alleviate your symptoms.
We can Help!
Finally, don’t be afraid to call our office at 281-945-5190. From there, you can schedule an appointment or ask more about our services. We want to help you out the best way we can.
Last, Doctor Maher at Katy TX digestive disease center can help you alleviate your symptoms, don’t wait until its too late.
Fun Facts about Katy TX:
- Katy TX is a UFO hotspot. Numerous sightings are reported each year.
- Ghost hunters confirmed Katy Magnolia Cemetery as a historical haunted site.
- Second to Las Vegas, Katy Texas has been named the Drone Capital of the World with 475 drones registered with the Federal Aviation Administration.
- The biggest homecoming mums are in Katy TX!
- For more fun facts about Katy Tx, visit our website!