Are you in need of Katy TX hemorrhoid prevention? If so, Dr.Maher of Katy Stomach Doctor is the right choice for your hemorrhoid needs.
Dr.Maher is our leading Katy Texas board-certified physician in gastroenterology and internal medicine. Our clinic’s mission is to provide the highest quality of care and effective gastroenterology healthcare to our community. Furthermore, our clinic offers free consultations and evaluations of all of our gastroenterology-related diseases and problems.
We provide services for gastro patients who have problems with the following issues:
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative colitis
- Gall Stones
- And much more!
If you have questions about the services we offer, feel free to give us a call. We are more than happy to help you out. You can schedule an appointment over the phone. Our staff members are friendly and helpful.
Hemorrhoids- Diagnosis and treatment options
Hemorrhoids, often call piles, are swollen veins located in the anus and lower rectum. They are most similar to varicose veins and will normally develop inside the rectum or under the skin around the anus.
Every 3 out of 4 adults adults will develop hemorrhoids every so often. The cause of hemorrhoids is many, but most of the time nobody knows the cause. There are though, many options are available for treatment of hemorrhoids. Most people find relief from hemorrhoids by use of homeopathic treatments and lifestyle changes.
Your doctor might be able to notice external hemorrhoids. The diagnosing of hemorrhoids will possibly include an examination of your anal canal and rectum. There are two main methods of examination your doctor might utilize: digital and visual inspection.
Dr.Maher might want to further examine your colon using a colonoscopy if your signs and symptoms suggest that you may have a different kind of digestive disease; you have risk factors for colorectal cancer; and if you are middle-aged and haven’t had a recent colonoscopy. We recommend that people aged 40 and up have routine colonoscopies done.
There are many treatment options for hemorrhoids. Home remedies are the first and most recommended options, because they are non-invasive can also save you some money in the end.
Mild symptoms such as swelling, pain, and inflammation can be treated with home remedies.
- High-Fiber Foods– Eating foods high in fiber can help soften stool which will make it easier for you to pass, further alleviating the pain. Eating more fruits and vegetables can aid in doing this. Avoiding straining from hemorrhoids can reduce the pain you may feel.
- Topical Treatment– Applying an over-the-counter medication will also help with the pain. Hemorrhoid cream or suppositories with hydrocortisone can help. Additionally, using cleaning pads with witch hazel or a numbing agent would help as well.
- Soak in a warm bath– Soaking in warm bath water two to three times a day can help with pain as well. The warm water will act as a numbing agent.
- Taking oral pain relievers– Using acetaminophen (such as Tylenol), aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB) can also help in relieving the discomfort you might be feeling.
Most of the time, by use of home remedies the pain and swelling with, go away within a week. If it does not, then this is the time to contact Dr.Maher at Katy Stomach Doctor.
If symptoms persist then Dr.Maher will see you and decide the best treatment option for you. It is important to follow his careful instructions as they are important and imperative to your betterment. If you have questions at any time, feel free to ask Dr.Maher or any of our staff members for help.
Tips for hemorrhoid flare-ups
Hemorrhoids normally become more persistent as you get older, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Itching, bleeding, swelling, and pain are all signs of a possible hemorrhoid. Here are 6 ways to prevent hemorrhoids before they happen:
- Try High-Fiber Foods– Again, consuming high fiber foods before hemorrhoids can aid in passing gas and low strain of bowel movements. You can always try adding Metamucil to your diet. There are many over the counter fiber options that will be good for your diet.
- Go to the bathroom– Sometimes, it may seem better to hold in your bowel movements, but it can actually make things much worse. If you have a hemorrhoid, it will only add to the pain you experience if you decide to hold your movements in.
- Elevation– Elevating your feet can aid the way your stool passes. If you decide not to make your bowel movement, it can create constipation, further adding to your pain.
- Sitz Bath– Sitz baths are basins that fit under the toilet seat and are filled with warm water. You can sit in them for 10-15 minutes two-three times a day.
Just because you take these precautions, doesn’t mean that you should abandon seeking treatment. Dr.Maher and team are ready to assist you in relieving your hemorrhoids so that you can live a normal and happy live pain-free.
Schedule an appointment
Dr. Maher is board-certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine.
Head over to our website. There you will find new patient forms that you can fill out. Filling these out before your first appointment will reduce the time you spend waiting in the lobby.
Furthermore, on our website, you will find our financial policy as well as a medical records release form. Filling these forms out beforehand will help both you and our representative team in making your experience both faster and better.
You don’t need to spend another day in pain, give us a call today.
Call us today at (281) 945-5190. Katy Stomach Doctor is a Katy TX digestive doctor that will help alleviate your symptoms so that you don’t have to suffer any longer.